Multi-million pound investment in new luxury double deck coaches for megabus customers
- Six new Plaxton Panorama coaches operating in Scotland and England
- Improved customer facilities including free WiFi and wireless charging
- More seats now available on UK’s leading value coach services
Customers travelling on megabus, the UK's leading value coach service operator, are benefitting from a multi-million investment in luxury new double deck coaches, with six new Plaxton Panorama coaches introduced this week. The new coaches feature a range of improved customer facilities, with free WiFi, new comfortable seating and wireless charging, as well as a bespoke designer interior.
The coaches, which each carry 87 people, will initially be operating on the popular Anglo-Scottish services along the M11; London-Manchester-Glasgow-Aberdeen and M9; Glasgow-Perth-Dundee.
Representing an investment of £2,5million, the coaches have been built by Alexander Dennis, one of the world’s largest independent coach manufacturers.
As a result of megabus recently introducing optional seat reservations on its services, customers can also reserve seats on these coaches, including the popular seats around the tables on the lower deck.
Mark Venables, Managing Director for megabus, said: "We're really excited to be introducing these brand new luxury double deck coaches on our services between England and Scotland this week. As well as customers benefitting from improvements such as free WiFi, wireless charging and really comfortable seating, the introduction of double deck coaches also means we can now offer even more seats on our great value services.
"We're always looking for new and innovative ways to improve our customer offer and encourage both new and existing customers to keep on travelling with megabus. We're confident that our customers will love travelling on these new coaches."
To book a ticket, visit megabus.com. Seat reservations can also be booked from as little as £1 through megabus.com.
Earlier this year, Stagecoach announced more than £80 million of more than 350 new greener buses for 2019-20 to deliver better connectivity and improved air quality for local communities.
- megabus is the market-leading budget intercity coach operator in the UK. Forma parte de Stagecoach Group, el grupo internacional de transporte, que ofrece viajes más ecológicos e inteligentes a precios increíbles.
- The megabus service, which was first launched in the UK in 2003, offers great value fares across the UK. Conectamos más de 90 lugares, ofrecemos viajes low cost de gran calidad en algunos de los autobuses más modernos del país y transportamos a más de 5 millones de pasajeros al año.
- Stagecoach Group is one of the UK's largest and leading public transport groups. The Group employs around 26.000 people.
- Stagecoach is one of the UK's biggest bus and coach operators with over 8.000 buses and coaches on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. National inter-city coach services provided by megabus offer great value journeys that cover over 90 destinations across England, Scotland and Wales.
- Stagecoach opera la red de ferrocarril ligero Supertram en Sheffield.